These are exciting times for Highway Civil Engineering! With winning a few frameworks under our belt and the expansion drive we have embarked on, we are very excited to offer the following roles to successful people who share our enthusiasm and goals.
Location: South or East Midlands
Salary / Benefits: £55,000 – £65,000 per annum, plus benefits package
Start Date: TBA
Company Information: A highly respected and expanding South West civils contractor with years of experience in the area. the business have a number of contracts/frameworks in the South and Midlands, with a variety of roads/highways related projects, typical project values range between £100k – £5m.
To be suitable for the position you must have; – Traffic Management experience – Excellent communication skills gained from working in a client facing role – Highways projects experience Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have; – Project Management experience – Experience of managing publicly funded projects – Early Contractor Involvement experience (ECI) Role Information;
You will be reporting to the National Operations Manager based in Nottingham at our head office and will have responsibility for managing traffic management on highways projects on the company’s projects and for external clients they provide traffic management services too. You will be focused on delivering successful projects between £100k – £5m in the specified region. The role also requires you to be the key client contact for all projects under your charge. This is an exciting opportunity working on a wide variety of highways projects in these area. You should have traffic management experience in a previous role. Good package on offer.
Traffic Management Supervisor
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Supervisor will primarily be field based, carrying out complex traffic management site audits as well as all other HCE sites to ensure full compliance where health & safety is paramount.
The Supervisor will also be responsible for carrying out the company’s various toolbox talks at regular intervals and day to day tasks including the implementation, maintenance and removal of various complex traffic management schemes based on the company’s requirements.
The Supervisor will also liaise closely with the Operations Manager and when required be able to cover the operations managers duties.
As Supervisor, you will be responsible for the following;
- Assisting the Operations Manager in day to day running of the company.
- Ability to provide cover to the Project Manager for annual leave etc.
- Carry out TM audits on our workforce at regular intervals as well as audits on the wider group’s sites ensuring full compliance throughout.
- Carry out toolbox talks at regular intervals to all workforce, including recording, reporting to Operations Manager on current status.
- Attend regular meetings to discuss the latest companies’ operational activities.
- Implementation, maintenance, removal of traffic management schemes.
- Overseeing TM requirements in Englandand Wales. The successful candidate will have:
- Full sector scheme 12AB & D qualifications.
- Full driving license including trailer license.
- Minimum 5 years + experience in the traffic management industry at operative or above level.
- Ability to conduct yourself professionally and coherently when attending meetings, carrying out toolbox talks etc.
- Think critically and problem solve.
- Handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion.
- High attention to detail.
- Customer services skills.
- Conflict management and resolution skills – Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment where client demands require a service second to none.
Health & Safety Compliance:
Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimise the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims. Ensure training needs are identified and, in conjunction with HSEQ Department, arrange for personnel to attend such courses as are necessary. Failure to embrace a safe and secure environment can result in disciplinary proceedings. If you feel you have the right credentials and are looking for an exciting new challenge with an established company who offer market leading training and career progression opportunities, please send a copy of your CV for the attention of email@example.com.
Traffic Management Operative
JOB TITLE: Traffic Management Operatives (Drivers only)
RATE OF PAY: Hourly rates from £13.50 – £16.50 depending on qualifications and experience
HOURS OF WORK: 45 hours per week + on call (as per rota)
LOCATION: South and Midlands
Highway Civil Engineering LTD’s Traffic Management division specialise in temporary traffic management and have an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic Traffic Management Operatives to join our dynamic team. These permanent positions are well suited to individuals who are looking to advance their career in temporary traffic management and gain hands on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. Reporting to the Project Management department, the successful candidates will work in a forward facing role, regularly communicating with company clients and members of the public whilst delivering our temporary traffic management services including the installation, maintenance and dismantling of temporary traffic management such as cones, sandbags, signage, barrier and traffic lights on both low and high speed roads.
- A minimum Lantra accreditation of 12D M1/2
- Full UK Drivers Licence;
- Good customer service skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Must be compliant with company policies and procedures and the National Highways Sector Scheme
- Safety conscious
- Company vehicle for commuting purposes;
- Company mobile phone;
- Enhanced rate of pay for evening and weekend work;
- Career progression
Ground worker & 360 Operatives
Highway Civil Engineering are making a mark in ecological, fencing, forestry and landscaping fields. We work nationally on various frameworks as well with some of the country’s leading construction, civil engineering and house building companies, civil infrastructure planning and ecological consultancies, wildlife bodies and environmental agencies. Highway Civil Engineering are now looking to recruit into the following opportunities:-
Following continued success our client is currently seeking skilled and experienced Countryside
Operatives to include:
- Plant Operators
Experience and qualifications in the forestry, fencing and ground works would be desirable. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a high degree of practical knowledge and skill across the range of company operations which include fencing, ecological works, environmental and commercial landscaping, and forestry.
Plant and machinery qualifications will be considered extremely advantageous, although training will be given to the right candidate particularly:
- NPTC Chainsaw/PA1/PA6
- CPCS Excavator,
- Tele-handler qualifications and PTS.
Successful candidates must be able to work within a team, communicating effectively with other members of staff at all levels in what is a physically demanding role. Candidates should be able to follow instructions and specification details whilst using experience, skill and initiative to achieve excellent results. At times candidates will be expected to work a minimum 50% away (occasionally at short notice), at night and in all regions of the UK (excluding Northern Ireland).
Find out more
Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding our Highway services